1-2 Large egg plant
500g lean mince, this is optional, rice can be used instead.
1 jar tomato sauce, flavour of choice.
chopped capsicum, carrots, onion. You can use what vegetables you like.
1/2 cup red wine
Seasoning of choice
1/4 cup whitchester sauce
Low fat shredded cheese.
- Cut the egg plant in half and scoop out to make a hollow for filling.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees to soften.
- Add the mince, vegetables, wine, whitchester sauce seasoning to a frying pan and make into a casserole mixture. time will depend for everyone, 30-45 minutes is more than enough time. You can make your own casserole mix, make it suit your taste buds.
- Fill the egg plant with mince mix. Sprinkle some low fat cheese over the egg plant.
- Using a 9 X 9 tray, spread a small amount of red sauce on the bottom so egg plant doesn’t stick to tray.
- Place back in oven and bake for a further 25 minutes at 200 degrees.